Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BeneathTheCake's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by BeneathTheCake, Apr 15, 2018.

1. BeneathTheCake

BeneathTheCake New Member

IGN: BeneathTheCake

Discord: nineRevenge#5675

Namemc link: https://namemc.com/profile/BeneathTheCake.1

Timezone: GMT+8

Which faction are you in?: N/A

Can you record: Yes

How long can you stay on the server daily?: I am able to stay on for about 5-7 Hours Daily (Not Consecutive)

Why do you want to become part of the staff: Firstly I would like to say that I have a lot of experience working with other Minecraft servers. Not necessarily big ones but I have worked with enough Minecraft servers to give me enough experience for what I need to know about being staff and enough experience to know the things to do and what not to do. When working with the servers I’ve learnt that while being staff there are four strong points an individual needs to have and those points are ‘Knowledge’, ’Maturity’, ‘Patience’, ’Kindness’ and ‘Honesty’ and I believe I have built myself very strongly on those points. I understand that you need to have a lot of ‘Knowledge’ about the server, again broken down into two key points. You Need to know the rules, how the server works for example the commands and permissions, you need to know details about the website and know all the important links so you can give them out when people need them and most importantly you need to know how to deal with certain situations properly according to the rules and how the situation is happening. I understand you also need to have a lot of ‘Maturity’ meaning you have to be able to deal with situations in a sensible manner and not throw a tantrum when things don’t go your way or don’t get super annoyed when you mess up. I understand you have to be mature enough to see through people and put yourself in people’s shoes in certain situations and be able to handle situations calmly and working with every aspect of that situation. Being staff, you can’t go round shouting out random swear words or always having a joke with people because some people might not appreciate that and in general you can’t swear as staff anyway. I know you’re allowed to have a joke and play around as long as people are okay with it, you’re not taking it too far and definitely not breaking any rules. You have to be mature enough to know what’s right and wrong. I also understand that ‘Patience’ is a very big key in being staff, or any person at all. If you are dealing with a certain situation for example an argument between two people, you need to be able to try and get both sides and find the backstory of what started it all and sometimes it can be hard and take a while to get both people to calm down and let you know what happened so you can deal with it. You can’t go about it shouting at them and forcing them to tell you what happened because if they don’t want to that’s fine but I know you at least need to be patient enough to calm both sides down. And the last thing I understand is also very important in being a staff member is ‘Kindness’. People as players look up to staff, including me, and as a person you have to be kind to people and show people you respect them as they respect you. You have to respect the fact they tell you to go away if you are finished helping them with something or you have to respect the fact they don’t like you doing certain things like have a joke. I believe I’m a very honest person and have a lot of ‘Honesty’ as well. I have told you all this because I think I am very strong on all these points. I believe I have a lot of knowledge about Minecraft Central, I know all the rules, not necessarily off by heart but have a very good memory on all of them and if I ever needed to there is the rules page I can always refer back to. I don’t want you to think I don’t know the rules, because I do, I just have to be honest and say I don’t know them all off by heart. Again with knowledge, I know how all of the staff commands work and know all the permissions for all the donator ranks and staff ranks. I understand that the server may have a different punishment system but I believe I’m a quick enough learner to learn it. I believe that I’m a very mature person and able to understand that if things don’t go my way, I have to leave it and understand why it’s not going my way and deal with it. I’m able to see through things and ask the right questions or do the right thing to know how to deal with a situation whether it’s two people having an argument or just something that another player/staff member needs help with, or something I have to do by myself. I believe I’m a very Patient person and can wait for as long as a situation takes and won’t leave until it’s resolved, unless instructed. I believe I’m a very Kind person, if someone didn’t like something I was doing, I’d make sure to stop immediately and always use manners towards people and never say anything bad towards anyone. I’m also a very honest person and would never lie about anything and I know that being staff you have to be very truthful so I will be.

Why should we pick you?: You should pick me because As I said, I'm a very expereienced person when it comes to being staff and I know what I'm doing. I’m a very trustable person and I know when things are right and wrong and when something is being overdone or not. I know that these permissions are only gained through trust and anyone granted them has an oath to use them wisely and not abuse them. With these permissions I will never use them against people and use them wrongly and most certainly will never use my tag against anyone to threaten or show off.
    Here are a few things I’ve had to fulfil as a staff member:

• Conducted chat moderation and enforced rules.

• Processed and executed decisions in regards to online user report/s.

• Participate in staff meetings and staff discussions on forums/social media.